Monday 6 October 2014

Who are they?

Every year for the past couple years, I have gotten some of my friends together for a group photo! It is a personal project just to see how things change and our families grow bigger throughout the years, just for fun! Unfortunately not everyone can make it every year, that is why we are missing girls in some years, its hard to coordinate so many schedules, but we try! 

(Scroll down to learn a bit more about these amazing women)


How do we all know each other? 
Well to be honest a lot of you probably look at this photo and think we are all a giant close knit group, or even a "mom gang" I have heard ;) but the truth is some of these girls barley even know each other, like I mentioned this was a personal project for me, so these are some of my very best friends, who I see majority of them on a weekly basis. Some of them a couple times a year.

How do I know these girls?
Well let me tell you! I always go to weddings and maybe I am a weirdo but I like hearing how all the bridal party knows the bride and groom, I always find it so interesting how people meet in life and come to such a close relationship. 
So let me explain a little bit about each of these special girls :)

Top photo far left - Sue Duncan
To be honest I don't even know how Sue and I officially met, through a whirlwind of people, she originally was very good friends with my sister in laws, but then married my best friends brother and then a few years later, she joined a bible study I had started, all in all I have known her a very long time, we became closer through connecting with motherhood, and joking around a lot about how lazy and useless we are in the mornings. We both moved to the country life, our houses are pretty close together, we often take turns babysitting. Were a good team haha. She's a very easy going women, always got a big friendly smile on her face. Her family is also awesome, her mom and I could chat all day long like old friends, the Hacheys are all awesome!

Top photo second to the left - Courtney Maron
Courtney is my best friends sister, we initially met when we were kids but became room mates for a year in our early adult years. Those were some of the funniest memories of my life in that house. She is a hairdresser and you might recognize her, she was the original Hair & Makeup artist when we started doing boudoir shoots waaaay in the beginning.. She has 2 kids now and is married, recently moving a couple hours away, unfortunately we don't see each other as much but we still keep in touch and talk when we can!

Top photo, Third on the top - Kara Wheatley
Kara and I have known each other since kindergarten, we actually grew up in Cranbrook B.C. We went to the same school until Grade 3. Then I moved to a different side of town, attending a different school. A few months later I see Kara at the park, she had just moved in a couple houses down from me! We were basically inseparable then, playing barbies, making up dances to The Spice girls and BSB, roller blading, chasing boys, the whole works! I then moved to Edmonton when I was 12, we visited each other a couple times a year, kept in touch with letters (old school right, but awesome!) and emails. She decided to move to Edmonton after high school and actually lived with my family for a little while, reconnected with her high school sweetheart and now is married with one cute little boy Noah, living in Leduc. We were also pregnant together, Noah is 2 weeks younger then Harlow, its been a fun journey so far.
Kara is very quiet and shy, but a closet artist, her and her husband can draw like you wouldn't believe, and the crafts this girl can make, puts Pinterest to shame!

Top photo, top second in from the right - Leah Redmond
Leah is my sister in law. That is how we initially met through my husband Bobby. We got along right away which isn't surprising now that I know her. She is the most friendly, outgoing, nicest, loving person you will ever meet. She is just sweet from head to toe. Passionate, smart, godly & so full of love I think sometimes her heart might explode. You may also recognize her, she drives that spotted van around Edmonton and is the owner of "Groomer on the spot" She comes right to your house and grooms your dog or cat in her pimped out revamped ambulance. Can you get any cooler? 
Leah and I became closer when we traveled together in Australia back in 2008, we lived in a van with 5 dudes and a dog for a month. I think that would bring anyone close together haha. Those were the days when shaving wasn't an option.... Leah has been married for 2 years now to my fav brother in law (haha jk I have 3 brother in laws and they are all awesome!), and dropped the bomb on us all when she decided she was having her wedding in a month in a half from her engagement. It didn't surprise us, her free spirit and chill attitude, with a lot of help, she pulled off a full on wedding, and it was beautiful let me tell you. Her favourite animal by far is the pterodactyl, what a weirdo, haha!

Top photo, Last one top right - Melissa Tyner (Soon to be friesen) 
Melissa, Melissa, Melissa.... We did not get on the right foot, when I met her she was 15 maybe 16 and she wasn't having it with her brothers new Girlfriend who took up all his time away from her. We fought like real sisters, but at least I knew with her from the beginning, what you see is what you get, she speaks her mind, literally right as she's thinking things, this causes a lot of laughs and confusion most of the time. I still have never met someone who literally says things as they are thinking them, ALL THE TIME! A couple years in I warmed up to her, she started to like me, finally, we started hanging out just the girls and havn't looked back. She is so lovely always welcoming you with a big hug, and caring, Melissa would literally give you the shirt off her back kind of person, she is the cleanest person I know (maybe a little OCD ;), She is the little sister I never had and wished for, We have been through so much together already, she is getting married this coming June to a real piece of work (Jk curtis you know ily haha) she will no doubt be the most beautiful bride anyone has ever seen. 

Top photo, Bottem right - Emily Kuhl
Emily is also my sister in law (Bobby has 3 sisters) Emily being the oldest of all the kids. She has sadly not been able to make it to the other photos, she lives in Vancouver with her husband and now 2 of my adorable little nieces Adelaine & Ethne. She is just so so kind, the moment anyone meets her you can see how sweet she really is, all the Tyners are like that, they must get it from my mother in law! You would never hear Emily saying one bad thing about anyone, ever, she is 100% the most trustworthy person I have ever met. I always look forward to our visits even if it is only a few times a year, she has her diploma in early childhood education and runs the childcare program at her church when not on Maternity leave. She loves her family & friends so much and won't let the distance get in the way! Her and I became a lot closer when she moved which is too bad, I was traveling a lot before that so I didn't see her much but I think becoming mothers together helped our bond grow really strong.


Bottom picture, second women from the left with the boy - Emma Hooft
Emma married one of my jr. high friends, we somehow became facebook friends, one day I posted I was looking for a new friend and if anyone was up for it (Half joking... Half not all my friends were very busy at this time) She responded "I will!" I laughed but then thought, well why not, she married Steve Hooft, she must be worth talking to, so thats how it started, we chatted on facebook like we were online dating asking all sorts of questions, and having open coversations. I eventually started going to her as my hairdresser, you may recognize her as well, she works at headquarters in sherwood park, and is also one of the hair and makeup artists for GreenTee. The rest is history, we clicked right away with our crude humour, inappropriate jokes and love for DIY crafts & home decorating. We have been besties since. She just had her first baby who is 6 months old now, we have a pre arranged marriage. Harlow & Hendrix Hooft sounds pretty good to me! ;) Emma also has a neat blog "burlap & bangs" she hopes to one day adopt a baby from a foreign country. She also drinks coke for breakfast.... sick. And has more friends then I can keep track up, I'm just happy I am one of them!

Bottom picture, third women from the left with the girl - Justine Mitchell
Justine is my newest friend, we met through her Neighbour and my friend Alyse about 18m ago when she had her daughter Halle who is 3m younger then my daughter Harlow. She also has a son Jaxton (next to her) Who is literally the funniest little boy in the world, the things that come out of his mouth make people Laugh out Loud! He can also be so sweet, one time we went out for breakfast and it was raining I said "Well its a good thing I did my hair and makeup, not" he replies sincerely "Well I think you look beautiful!"  so stinkin cute. Justine and I became close when I started attending Daybreak with her, a bible study SPAC runs for women, which is awesome btw I still love it. She is so knowledgable, I always go to her for biblical & life questions, she is also full of parenting advice if asked, she also has her early childhood education diploma! She is everything she thinks she is not, funny, outgoing, inviting & loving. She has a unique mind and everyone always loves hearing what she has to say. She is adored.

Bottom picture in the middle wearing grey - Alyse Franklin
Alyse was my very first friend when I moved to Sherwood Park. She came right up to me at 12 years old and said "were going to be friends!" As the new kid, sounds good to me, wheres the "That was easy!" button? ;) We were in a lot of the same classes together, but we sat beside each other in band class particularly for the next 6 years, they tried to separate us a few times, we would just inform them we only sit beside each other there is no other option, and they somehow let us get away with that.
We have now been friends for over 13 years I believe... thats a long time! A lot has happened in that span, more then I have time to share, or should even ;). Now in our early later 20's we talk every single day, see each other every week and are very close. She is the most thoughtful person ever, just brightening peoples days all the time in unique ways, this is a reoccurring thing with her, she appreciates every day, every moment, every second, believe me when I say this because I am pretty sure she writes everything down or at least takes a photo of it, if you open one of her daughters baby books, it puts the rest of us to shame! She is all about family, Alyse is the oldest of 5 kids, so she is a natural at being a mother, she also wants a big family, and thinks she is moving them all to Kelowna one day, jokes on her I'll never let it happen! Being a emergency nurse she has the most caring, loving spirit. She is a very likeable person. I call her supermom, You can call yourself lucky to be her friend, she takes the meaning of a friend very seriously, in a very good way. 

Bottom picture, 4th from the right, purple pants - Kaitlyne Tyner
Thats me! I met me when I was born. You know enough about me, and if you don't you will if you continue to read my blog :)
You can also read on the right side of my blog under "about me" 

Bottom picture, 3rd from the right in the dress - Jessicia Mccaughey
Last but certainly not least, my very best friend Jessicia. We met when we were in jr. high, I was kind of going through a mean girl phase & made fun of her because she was the new girl, she quickly showed me how awesome she was, I ended that phase and we have been inseparable since, she is one person who I actually do see at least once a week and talk to regularly and we even prefer conversations on the phone which is very rare these days with texting and social media. She has always been there for me no matter what through the good and the bad, really one of those cliche best friend relationships, I love her like a sister and then some! My family has become her family, and her family has become my family. She is so mature and can work through things like an adult, we don't have any of that high school type drama, if there is a problem we simply go for "coffee" (I drink hot choc she drinks coffee) and we talk it out.Problem resolved. no games involved. She is always checking in on me and can read me like an open book if I am happy or sad and all the in between. We have lived together, partied together, prayed together, cried together, laughed together, planned our weddings together, had our babies together. I couldn't have asked for a better life friend. She is so kind and puts everyone's needs before her own, the most self successful, independent women I know.


We all obviously have more amazing friends we are blessed to have in our lives, not mentioned, or in the photos, we have more stories to tell, and women to introduce you to one day, but for now, I just wanted to specifically explain how I know each of the girls in the photos :)






1 comment:

  1. Dear Kaitlyne Tyner,

    Your photographs are stunningly composed, lit and edited. Each image creates a sense of personality and emotion. Thus, allowing the audience to reflect on the beautiful appearances and the story each portrait tells. The ability to share an aspect of every individuals life is an amazing attribute. As I continue looking through your work I am intrigued and inspired. I wish you the best of luck with all of your future projects.

    Sincerely,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete